Motorcycle Club » The Yamaha Shop Talk

950 trunk

8 posts from 4 voices
About This Topic
  1. rekkae3
    #

I am considering putting a trunk on my 950. I have a Cobra sissy bar with backrest pad. I would prefer to keep it because it matches my Mustang seat. So... does anyone know of a side opening trunk that could be used on the 950? I know HD has side opening trunks but haven't seen accessory market ones yet.
    I liked the look of this one but it opens like a standard trunk
    cgi.ebay.com

2. rekkae3
    #

well the point is mote now I bought it. I kept looking at it and knowing how it would look on my black and chrome and grey 950 had to have it

Guess soon I will have a cobra back rest for sale *lol*

3. LasjDavk
    #

be sure to post pictures and your thoughts once you mount it.

Jeff

4. rekkae3
    #

be sure to post pictures and your thoughts once you mount it.Jeff
    I will!
    I just thought it would look so cool on the rear of my bike I had to have it.
    Just trying to keep up with my buddy Morg and his improvements
    Although I keep asking him who did the work on his saddlebags but he hasn't answered yet

5. crberrjman
    #

I don't personally like the looks of a trunk, so I went with a large sissy bar bag. It's actually two bags in one. The only think I had to do was get a luggage rack to support it, but that's ok since I have wanted one of those too.

I hope yours turns out as nice as you are hoping for though! That's the nice thing - you can personalize however you want!

6. rekkae3
    #

I hope yours turns out as nice as you are hoping for though! That's the nice thing - you can personalize however you want!
    At this rate I will eventually be spending as much on accessories and I did the bike *lol*

7. TheGoltj
    #

At this rate I will eventually be spending as much on accessories and I did the bike *lol*
    Unfortunately, that's entirely possible. And then by the time you get it the way you want it, it's time to buy a new bike.

8. rekkae3
    #

Unfortunately, that's entirely possible. And then by the time you get it the way you want it, it's time to buy a new bike.
    Oh no I am going to be like Morg. Look at buying a new bike then back off :P
    Besides now that the wife and I are retired and the 950 is paid off. Ain't no way I can afford a new bike. And besides the 950 should last forever

You must log in to post.