Motorcycle Club » General Forum

650 and 1100 parts interchangeable?

7 posts from 6 voices
About This Topic
  1. Kigsby84
    #

I've done alot of mainly cosmetic changes to my 650 and was wondering if I sold it and upgraded to an 1100, would I be able to put those parts on the 1100? Mostly just changing some parts to chrome, windshield, saddle bags and mirros.

2. TheGoltj
    #

For 99.999% of the parts, the answer is "no". Two entirely different bikes, despite the similarity in looks.

3. quicgmicg
    #

In some cases the windshield "may" fit, the bags would with different mounting brackets...as Goldy says, they are very different bikes. The front ends are similar....but that is about it.

4. setrocanton
    #

I have been wondering if the rear swingarm,wheel, brake,And all from the 1100 would fit the 650.

5. girgnt1zbt
    #

I have been wondering if the rear swingarm,wheel, brake,And all...

I doubt it. Wouldnt be any advantage other than the disk brake anyways, unless the 1100 final drive is geared different, but even then, it would probably take some modifying to get the final drive to work for the 650.
    Personally, Id rather convert it to belt or chain drive with a rear disk.

6. quicgmicg
    #

I have been wondering if the rear swingarm,wheel, brake,And all...

None of it will fit a 650.....

7. KenT
    #

When I bought my 2006 1100 Custom I put the windshield from my 2001 650 Custom on it, no problems. Can't really say about any other parts, didn't try it.

You must log in to post.