Motorcycle Club » Star 1100 Classic & Custom

2008 v star 1100

15 posts from 8 voices
About This Topic
  1. durporadrot
    #

I though i would post a few pics of my bike. I had some trouble getting the crash bar on but after i did i love the new look. Let me know what you guys and girls think. I it still a pretty stock bike. So any input on mods and upgrades would be nice

2. zhatovofzelf
    #

I think that is a sharp ride. Of course I may be prejudice as I also have a 08. Don't worry about what to put on. You will know what it needs when it is time to accessorize!

Dan

3. pill2304
    #

I though i would post a few pics of my bike. I had some trouble getting the crash bar on but after i did i love the new look. Let me know what you guys and girls think. I it still a pretty stock bike. So any input on mods and upgrades would be nice
    yea nice bike, good year too. mods come easy still working on mine

4. quicgmicg
    #

Sweet looking bike. Great color choice.

One mod you can do that costs literally nothing....is to remove those ugly frame stickers that you can't even read anyway. I think they really detract from the look of the bike (but that is just my opinion)...

...the rest is up to you and the things YOU like in a motorcycle. Start hanging out at Bike Shows, Bike Nights etc.... ummm..or better yet..maybe not...it's get expensive...LOL

5. tunc
    #

thats what we love pics

nice lookin ride

6. GOINGNUTZ
    #

ok that was odd because I have the same bike with the same crash bar! Thought I was looking in my garage! lol great taste i have too say

7. lferk
    #

I just got my '09 a month or so ago. THe only thing really I have done is a decal on the air cleaner and some pipes. I love those bars. Who care what you put on it, as long as you like it. I will thell ya though, don't rush to trick it out.... you have a long time to get the perfect look.

8. GOINGNUTZ
    #

Did ya get those bars of ebay too? I got mine there and what a pain they were to put on. I had to redrill the holes and have a buddy help because I could not get anything to line up with out bending the bars alittle.

9. durporadrot
    #

Yes i did get them on ebay. I to had a hard time getting them to line up. I have one bolt on the right side floor board the i think is about to strip out. The bolts i got with the crash bar didn't work. But once i got it one and tight other then the one bolt i LOVE THEM. I rode in a Porker Run on Saturday and they worked great. really have no need for pegs on the bars due to the way they are made.

10. lferk
    #

Where is your rear fender trim? Did you take it off?

11. durporadrot
    #

There was no fender trim. All of them i have seen you have to buy them for the dealer or from an after market. The only bike with the trim i have seen is the silverado

12. quicgmicg
    #

I'm pretty sure they all came stock with chrome "eyebrows" on the rear fender, whether it is a Silverado. Classic or Custom. Some people just don't reuse them when they put on a sissy bar....and some do.

13. einzdan
    #

Are those Lindby bars or a knockoff?

14. GOINGNUTZ
    #

I kick my feet up on them too on longer runs, but I did put some adjustable pegs that bolt to the bottom of the floor boards that are really comfortable from kurykyn. Those are some really sweet bars, I looked at the linby but these were half the price and the little tweeking was all worth the money I saved. Glad to here that I wasnt the only one to have a slim problem with them

15. durporadrot
    #

No there not linby bars. I do like them like you too. I want to install lights on my bars. I also want to install a set of pegs on the bars so i can ride a little easier when on a long ride. The trim was on the bike but i have to get longer bolts to put them back on.

You must log in to post.