Motorcycle Club » New YMF Riders Forum

2007 V-Star 650 Silverado,

8 posts from 8 voices
About This Topic
  1. Charles51
    #

I have a 2007, 650 Silverado with only 31,000 miles on it. love this bike and my girl friend as well.
    The only mods. done were Stubel air horn not to be confused with other air horns, cigar lighter, Memphis Shades Bat wing, Lowers, stop light led flashers, driving lamps, Givi 460 top case, K&N filter, Cobra Guards,Chipawa guard covers with pockets and clock.

I am embarrassed to say I don't know anything about the Dyna 3000 they do make one for the 650, just what does it do and will I need to make any other modifications to the bike?

Ride Often Ride Safe

2. quicgmicg
    #

The Dyna has 8 built in advance curves to allow you to better tune the bike for performance options that you've installed. I believe that is also allow you to increase the cut out RPM.

This LINK explains the different curve options....

3. tunc
    #

Welcome to the forum from Australia
    Enjoy the forum
    And remember to put a picture of your ride in the
    Show your ride thread
    They are in the different bike sections at the top
    And put a vote in for the bike of the month as well [its free]
    Here and it changes every month Please help!!!

4. wildcatf5
    #

Welcome from North Texas!!

Enjoy and Ride Safe!!!

5. retzdaret
    #

Welcome from Georgia. The Dyna 300 in my opinion is not worth the money for this bike. You can change your power curve a little and move up your rev limits, but they are high enough already. Ride safe!

6. poppj
    #

Save your money...it will do very little.

7. lawrsahnarstsop
    #

All it does (limiter-wise) is raise the RPM by a couple hundred revs per setting, where the rev limiter kicks in and starts making you engine miss violently - my 1100 limiter with the Dyna 3000 kicks in at about 85-88mph in second gear.
    check this: motorcycle parts

8. girgnt1zbt
    #

I wouldnt spend the money on the Dyna module. If you want better performance (and likely a little better gas mileage too) get a GAK and aftermarket exhaust. That will make a huge difference.

And 31,000 miles? You must ride a lot. I thought I rode a pretty good bit, and Ive got 20,000 on my 2000 model.

You must log in to post.