Motorcycle Club » The Yamaha Shop Talk

1300 Yam Cost

10 posts from 6 voices
About This Topic
  1. Rawlort
    #

Called at the local Yam shop today to buy a new tank bag and while I was there looked at the new range. Nice looking rides and I nearly convinced the sales guy to let me sit on the 1300 Classic until the wife saw the price tag and said "Your Joking".
    That blew it he wouldnt even let me throw a leg over the seat.
    $18000 Aus plus on road costs, how does that compare to US prices.

2. flakkerbhil
    #

Considerably higher than in the U.S. The MSRP here on an '09 1300 is around U.S. $10,300.

They wouldn't even let you sit on it? Even places here that won't let you take a test ride let you at least sit on the bike.

3. Rawlort
    #

The sign says "do not sit on bikes"

4. zhovman
    #

What's the Conversion Rate of the USD vs Aus Dollar? Won't even let you sit on it? Wow, sounds like our HD dealer here.

5. MorkKW
    #

Presently...
    $1 US = $.80 AUD
    $10,300 US = about 12,800 AUD

6. Goadlocger69
    #

Every dealer I've been to has a sign that sez to only sit on the bikes when a salesperson is present. Never been to a place that wouldn't let you sit on a bike at all. And I thought that not allowing test rides was bad!!!

7. Rawlort
    #

Down at the dealers yesterday the sales guy stood behind me any glared at me as if to say "I dare you to touch it"
    My bike was parked out front so he knew I was a biker not some yobbo just killing time.

8. Rawlort
    #

Presently...$1 US = $.80 AUD$10,300 US = about 12,800 AUD
    Even with import duty etc there is a big difference.

9. micg10
    #

Down at the dealers yesterday the sales guy stood behind me any glared at me as if to say "I dare you to touch it"My bike was parked out front so he knew I was a biker not some yobbo just killing time.
    even though you were just getting a tank bag i would go to a different dealer. they sound like a##holes to me!

10. Rawlort
    #

The problem is they are the only Yamaha/Honda dealer in southern Tasmania.

You must log in to post.