Motorcycle Club » Star 1300

1300 Fuel range

10 posts from 9 voices
About This Topic
  1. bolxc5
    #

I'm still working on my first tank of gas but how many miles can you get out of a tank on these?

2. kdhiele
    #

With the fuel neck the way it is. I'd say around 130-160 miles. With the fuel neck mode around 190-200miles.

Here is one of the post about the fuel mod. http://www.ymhmotoboard.com/

Lots of easy and effective mods in this forum. these guys know their stuff.

3. nvquatriterz
    #

After punching the hole in my fuel neck, I was able to put another 1/2 gallon in the tank when the light comes on. Took my range before the fuel light from around 145 miles to about 170 miles. Just rolled into my garage tonight with 165 miles on this tank...still no light.

4. 7VSdar208
    #

I get 165 miles until the light comes on. The last two tanks were like that.

5. Ramon268
    #

I've gotten as high as 200 miles before the low fuel light appeared. This is primarily two lane highway driving averaging 50 mph. I've heard the V-Star 1300 with stock tires speedometer is not true, but I'm calculating 52-55 mpg. What are you guys finding?

6. BainDramake
    #

I did the tank neck mod early on as well. My light comes on (now) right at 170 miles.

My MPG is about 47. I have an 80-mile round trip each day, about 15 miles city driving and 65 miles freeway at about 70-80 MPH according to my speedo (which I think reads about 5 MPH slow).

7. MorkKW
    #

re: ...I've heard the V-Star 1300 with stock tires speedometer is not true...

You're absolutely correct, with the GPS indicating a speedo error of about 7%, but the odometer is right on the money due to it being controlled differently than the speedometer.

Stay well,
    Morg

8. WarPik
    #

Most of my driving so far is city and I'v gotten as low as 38 and as high as 43,when I do get on the freeway's i'v gotten as high as 49mpg.Like most it depends on me as to what my mileage is and what kind of mood im in,lol.

9. nvquatriterz
    #

Most of my driving so far is city and I'v gotten as low as 38 and as high as 43,when I do get on the freeway's i'v gotten as high as 49mpg.Like most it depends on me as to what my mileage is and what kind of mood im in,lol.
    My high was 46, but on average I'm right at 43 to 44. Most of my riding is freeway too and from work, and I'm usually around 65 mph... on average.

10. Kos
    #

I get approx 40 with alot of city, some areas of highway but mostly I drive like my hair is on fire.

You must log in to post.