Motorcycle Club » Star 1100 Classic & Custom

1100 silverado 2005

6 posts from 5 voices
About This Topic
  1. pluezantplacg
    #

I have two questions about my 2005 silverado 1100. Is there anything I can get to slip over the passenger backrest to make it higher and offer more support? Second is there an easy way to have a fuel gage on the bike? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mige
    #

I don't know about the supports but I know there are no aftermarket fuel gauges. I am surprised that no one has come up with one. I think that would be on everyones wishlist. I'm sure there must be a reason for not having one though.

3. quicgmicg
    #

I have two questions about my 2005 silverado 1100. Is there anything I can get to slip over the passenger backrest to make it higher and offer more support? Second is there an easy way to have a fuel gage on the bike? Any help would be appreciated.
    Check with Shane at SS Custom Cycle

sscustomcycle.com/

Call him..he is absolutely awesome to deal with....

As for the fuel gauge... I've had my 1100 for 4 years and don't miss the gauge at all. The trip meter is my fuel gauge and it works wonderfully.

I know that I need to fill up after about 150 miles.... so I do. If you happen to forget, just flip it onto reserve and get gas at the next stop.... In 4 years...I've hit reserve twice and both times were intentional just to check approx. fuel mileage. Believe me...you'll get used to not having one.

4. LiddleBen
    #

That is what I do. I reset the meter at every gas stop and about 140 to 150ish I stop and put in between 3and 4 gallons and have a pop and stretch and ride on.,L.B.

5. BAGriff578
    #

I also use the trip meter for my gas gauge. As far as the back rest after installing the mustang seat that is much thicker my wife wanted a taller passenger backrest. I installed the 20 inch kuryakan sissy bar it goes right on with no modifications the only thing was going to the hardware store for longer bolts and nuts,they are american standard thread, because I also have the star luggage rack the bolts that are supplied were not long enough. The kuryakan sissy bar was about 60 dollars.The tall star sissy bar is only 3 and a half inches taller than the stock bar on the silverado, and is over 100 dollars. Hope this helps.

6. pluezantplacg
    #

Thank you all for the tips and info.

You must log in to post.