Motorcycle Club » Star 1100 Classic & Custom

1100 custom wheels on classic

10 posts from 4 voices
About This Topic
  1. pmv4ret
    #

i like to interchange the cast wheels on my 1100 classic to the spoked ones on the custom.
    would they fit. i got an offer on 1100 custom wheels for 30 bucks. the bike has two front disc brakes and shaft driven. they look compatiable to me
    what do you guys think?

2. jkd4
    #

the rear should fit no problem but the front wheel is 18" and the classic is 16"(i think) so the fender will not fit over the wheel and the custom is also a lot thinner rim but hey where theres a will...

3. pmv4ret
    #

the rear should fit no problem but the front wheel is 18" and the classic is 16"(i think) so the fender will not fit over the wheel and the custom is also a lot thinner rim but hey where theres a will...
    what if i buy a custom front fender

4. pmv4ret
    #

what if i buy a custom front fender
    or fit he 18inch front on with no fender how would you think the look will be?
    no fender up front and classic fender in the back yesss or cheezy?

5. adomzdvinz
    #

I have a custom front fender if you are interested.

6. pmv4ret
    #

so is it impossible to fit the front fender over the 1100custom spoked wheel on the 1100 classic?

7. vakonman
    #

Hey pmv4ret,

I ride a 2006 Vstar 1100 Classic. It has the spoke wheels that you mentioned. As far as I know these wheels came stock on the bike. The bike is a Canadian edition. I don't know if that matters but I can get the serial numbers if it would help you at all. Let me know.

8. pmv4ret
    #

Hey pmv4ret, I ride a 2006 Vstar 1100 Classic. It has the spoke wheels that you mentioned. As far as I know these wheels came stock on the bike. The bike is a Canadian edition. I don't know if that matters but I can get the serial numbers if it would help you at all. Let me know.
    thanks for the quick reply vakonman
    IS YOUR BIKE A CUSTOM OR A CLASSIC?
    SOMEONE HAD POSTED EARLIER THAT MY STOCK FRONT WHEEL IS 16INCH AND THE SPOKED ONE THAT I GOT I BELIEVE IS 18 NOT SURE THO I HAVE O MEASURE IT ? BUT IM FAR AWAY FROM THE WHEELS NOW ?\\CAN U MEASURE URS FOR ME AND LET ME KNOW
    THANKS

9. vakonman
    #

pmv4ret,

I'm at work and the bike is at home so I can't measure right now but I have my Clymer manual here and the specs are as follows:

Wheel size
    Front
    XVS1100(custom) 18 x 2.15 in.
    XVS1100A(classic) 16 x 3.00 in.

Rear 15M/C x MT4.50 in.

Hope this helps.
    By the way, this Clymer manual is the best "accessory" I've aquired for my bike.

10. pmv4ret
    #

pmv4ret, I'm at work and the bike is at home so I can't measure right now but I have my Clymer manual here and the specs are as follows: Wheel sizeFrontXVS1100(custom) 18 x 2.15 in.XVS1100A(classic) 16 x 3.00 in. Rear 15M/C x MT4.50 in. Hope this helps.By the way, this Clymer manual is the best "accessory" I've aquired for my bike.
    thanks for the info

You must log in to post.