Motorcycle Club » Star 1100 Classic & Custom

1100 battery

8 posts from 7 voices
About This Topic
  1. adomzdvinz
    #

Why the heck is the 1100 battery so dang expensive. Does it have to be a gel battery? Is there a cheaper alternative? I mean, the battery in my CB 750 is $40. Can I just use one like that?

2. nlokodeda19
    #

Here is what your looking for...vstar1100.com/vstar_1100_battery.htm

I found this link the same day i picked up my battery that i got for 98 bucks. I found one they had in stock at Kragen auto parts for 60 bucks and some change.

3. adomzdvinz
    #

Thanks!

4. DargHorze
    #

Ya, thanks a lot. I almost dropped $200 to pick up a new battery.

5. khunder102
    #

Here is what your looking for...www.vstar1100.com/vstar_1100_battery.htm I found this link the same day i picked up my battery that i got for 98 bucks. I found one they had in stock at Kragen auto parts for 60 bucks and some change.
    +1 on this link! Everyone should bookmark it, or at least remember that the resource is there. I found this link and got my replacement battery last year for around $70, and it had better specs than the one MamaYama calls for. You could probably go cheaper than that if you were comfortable with an unsealed battery (I wouldn't do that, though).

g

6. 1CuzdominFL
    #

I got mine from Batteries Plus for 69.99, sealed, 12 amp hours, 1 year warranty. Better than the 195 I could have spent at dealer.

7. kzdar37
    #

I bought a slightly larger battery from Batteries Plus, the YTX14-BS. It is just about a half inch wider than stock, but still fits the box, increases the CCA to 200, as of last year was 49.99.

Glen

8. Torch624
    #

I highly recommend the X2-14 from Batteries Plus. It comes maintenance free, fully charged, and with a two year warranty. No need to hassle with acid and charging. It costs a little more, but they have online coupons, sales, and newspaper coupons at times. I Will be posting about my recent battery incident on my midlifemotorcyclemadness.blogspot.com/ in the near future.

Ride on,
    Torch624624624

Mistress, Torch624624624's 2003 V-Star 1100 Classic.

You must log in to post.